Camp Westwind

YWCA Camp Westwind
Encouraging Community
Embracing Diversity
Exploring the World Around Us!





Monday, July 11, 2011

Session 4, Day 2

I don't think that I can describe in words, what camp at the beach is like. The community and energy out here is amazing, and the Talent Show. Oh man! Before I go into that though, I think I need to go back a few days, to Father Child Camp.

This weekend, we ran our first ever Father Child Camp. Now, these dads were amazing with their children, and very involved in the activities we offered. While I was at the archery range, three kids got a bulls eye, not to mention, the dad's were getting all their arrows in their targets! Besides archery, the dads and kids participated in tide-pooling, kayaking, mudmucking (although I don't think anyone did that one), tie-dye, elimination, and more! I know that we are so grateful for all the families that went through this first ever session for dads and their children!

Now, as the families were leaving yesterday, our new set of campers were movin' in! I for one can't believe how fast summer is going! Just yesterday, I felt like I was writing Session 1's blog... *sigh* Okay! Back to Session FOUR! This week, we've decided to be a bit themed... I'm not sure if any of you readers like Harry Potter, but this week... This week is Harry Potter week! We've had campfires, talent shows, and other fun activities that are themed. Now, for those of you who are not a fan of HP, not every activity is HP themed, so don't worry!

The talent show tonight was amazing! One of the campers borrowed Gnarwhal's keyboard and played a song, Alpine had everyone doing a dance party, and there was a great little improve skit with one of our staff (who teaches it out of camp), and her out-of-camp students!


Sad Note: Unfortunately, our Internet out here is too slow, and won't let me upload pictures tonight! Oh NO!!! I'll try again tomorrow...

Sleep tight friends of Camp Westwind!
These sessions are continuing to become more and more amazing as we continue down the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment