Camp Westwind

YWCA Camp Westwind
Encouraging Community
Embracing Diversity
Exploring the World Around Us!





Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Session 3, Day 1

Daisy on my Toe
I’ve got a daisy on my toe
It is not real, it does not grow
It’s just a tattoo of a flower
So I look groovy while taking a shower
It’s on the second toe of my left foot
Doo-doo loot doot doot
It has a stem, but has no roots
Cause it wouldn’t look good!
Oh pretty daisy on my toe
My right foot loves my left foot so-o-o
Doo-doo loot doot doot

Welcome parents and campers to session 3, Mini Camp/First Timers! Today was a wonderful day!

Our small session of campers was greeted today by lots of sun and enthusiastic staff! While crossing today, the lifeguards today worked on their kayaking skills while the campers played games with the staff on the beach. They had an active day of games, emergency practice drills and campfire; not to mention our Tuesday Sundaes!

Did you know that the Olympics came to Camp Westwind tonight?! These were not any ordinary Olympics, these were extraordinary Olympics! Countries participated in finding who could drink the most water, fire blow, and some others (sorry, I forgot already!) Mixed in between, we had some fabulous skits by campers! They were amazing, the effort the campers put in to put on a skit on the first night.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!!!

Menu:
Dinner: Spaghetti, meatballs (Veggie option), red sauce, salad bar, "Sundae Sundays"

2 comments:

  1. hey is there anyway you could post the lyrics to all the camp songs? I used to go here a few years ago and i'm fuzzy on the lyrics and i want to sing them to my campers at another camp

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could post songs daily.... I've been trying to work on a Camp Song book, but activities at camp are so much more fun to go out and enjoy! Maybe in the Winter I will complete one...

    What's your favorite song?

    ReplyDelete