Camp Westwind

YWCA Camp Westwind
Encouraging Community
Embracing Diversity
Exploring the World Around Us!





Sunday, June 19, 2011

SESSION 1 CAMPERS ARE HERE!


I'm not quite sure how it came so soon, but I'm glad it did!

Staff training is over. Open House - even with the rain - was a great success! And now, you're never going to guess who's here... Yes, I am hearing the laughter and play of all the Session 1 campers!

After the campers arrived today (and found a crab!), they met their cabins, played some games, we had a health screen & an all camp orientation; soon will be flag, then dinner, Sunday Sundaes, cabin time & campfire! It's a pretty packed first day of camp!

Oh, I'm pretty sure that I've talked about how wonderful our cooks are... Well, tonight for dinner, we've got spaghetti and homemade bread! WooHoo! The lodge smells so good! We will also have our brand new salad bar out! Mmm, dinner was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment