Camp Westwind

YWCA Camp Westwind
Encouraging Community
Embracing Diversity
Exploring the World Around Us!





Saturday, August 7, 2010

Session 6 Day 3

Oh Gee

OH, gee how happy I feel
I've got the vision of an automobile,
I don't have to worry where I get my next meal,
'Cause I'm eating chicken and I don't have to steal.

Chorus:
Everything's just going my way,
Every dog's gotta have his own day
Well I've got mine and I'm ready to say
Everything, everything, Everything, everything,
Everything's going my way.


Well, my clothes are tailor made
And my shoes are patent leather Whoo
All you gotta do is stitch yourself together
Take a look at me and Lordy Lordy Lordy
Everything's going my way.

-chorus-


I hope you enjoyed your song of the day! :D Welcome to Session 6 (again, sorry for this being day 3 and the first post!).

Campers have been having a great time so far this week. We've had interest groups:

Spontaneous Dance Party with Kiwi & Pippin: Campers walk and hike around camp breaking into a spontaneous dance party! Campers are encouraged to extend their comfort zone and be themselves through new dance moves.
Bother Beetle Day with Peregrine & Tulip: It's an old Camp Westwind tradition... that encourages campers to appreciate the small things in life.
Explore the Stars with Starburst & Mars: Campers learn the difference between astronomy and astrology. They also discover the differences in peoples personalities.
The Amazing Race with Kicks & Paisa: Campers made team bandanas and are accomplishing various tasks together, while building confidence and friendship.
A Challenging Morning with Finch & Philly: Campers work on problem solving skills through challenge related activities. They build teamwork and cooperation while discussing social challenges and solutions to them within Camp Westwind.

Meals:
Breakfast - eggs, coffee cake, fruit, cereal bar.
Lunch - Grilled Cheese, tomato soup, veggies, goldfish, and salad bar
Dinner - Meatloaf, baked potatoes, veggies, salad bar

No comments:

Post a Comment