Camp Westwind

YWCA Camp Westwind
Encouraging Community
Embracing Diversity
Exploring the World Around Us!





Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Session 5 Day 2

Alright, here is the song of the day. Now when you read this, you should sit or stand every time you say the letter "b." Any questions?

My bonnie lies over the ocean
My bonnie lies over the sea
My bonnie lies over the ocean
So bring back my bonnie to me.

Bring back, bring back
Oh, bring back my bonnie to me, to me
Bring back, bring back
Oh bring back my bonnie to me.

Man, wasn't that fun?

So, today has been a pretty chilly day! The clouds are covering and there's a slight breeze. This morning was so much fun! Campers split into interest groups (see the definition section if you don't know what this is). The interest groups for days 2 & 3 are:

Super Pooper Trooper: learning about animal scat, and how to properly use the bathroom in the woods. The photo is Cowpie showing campers the bear & elk scat that he found.


Extreme Napping: I don't know about you, but this one sounds great & self-explained.

Hobbit Heroes: Campers are laughing, joking, singing, and learning how to be hobbits!

Breaking all the Rules: Now, these aren't actually broken rules. The directors have already pre-approved their rule "breaking." Things like kitchen raids, going on the whale watching deck (staff only), ringing the bell, etc. This photo is campers on the whale watching deck.

Extreme Meadow Exploration: Campers are heading to so many amazing meadows during this one. They get to end their week at High Meadow.

Which interest group would you want to participate in?

After interest groups, we had lunch, and now. Well, now we are heading to do cabin activities. Alpine is going to go hike Cascade Head today, other cabins are going on the Bouldering Wall, Challenge Course, Archery, and more!

Menu:
Breakfast - Chocolate chip pancakes, sausage patties, bananas, cereal bar.
Lunch - Chili dogs, or hot dogs, chips, chili, cut apples, baby carrots, salad bar.
Dinner - chicken, mashed potatoes, broccoli, watermelon, salad bar, and ice cream sandwiches for dessert.

Happy Camping!

No comments:

Post a Comment