Camp Westwind

YWCA Camp Westwind
Encouraging Community
Embracing Diversity
Exploring the World Around Us!





Monday, June 28, 2010

Session 2 Day 3



Siegfried was a slug
But he’s not your average bug
You can love him like a brother or a sister or a dog
But you just can’t give him a hug

I’ll tell you why
He’s just to slimy, too slimy to slimy
And he’s really really small, really small, really really small
And you don’t know where he’s going, where’s he going, where’s he going
Look he’s climbing up the wall, up the wall, up the wall.

Siegfried was a slug
But he’s not your average bug
You can’t tell the front from the back sometimes
But he sure can cut a rug

UH-UH UH UH UH
UH UH UH UH UH
UH UH UH UH UH
Funky cold slug

UH-UH UH UH UH
UH UH UH UH UH
UH UH UH UH UH
Funky cold slug

1-2-3-4- get your sluggy on the floor
gotta gotta get up to get down,
gotta gotta get up to get down

1-2-3-4- get your sluggy on the floor
gotta gotta get up to get down,
gotta gotta get up to get down

Siegfried the Slug, was our song choice yesterday! And, might I add, a good one - it was in my head all day!

The past two days have had amazing weather! Sadly, yesterday the wind picked up in the afternoon, so we had to cancel the two afternoon kayaking sessions.

So far this week, we've had some awesome activities: archery, boulder wall, fairy finding, beach games, elimination, hobbit heroes, and even keep the balloon in the air! Tonight we will have a choose your own adventure all camp!

Have a great day!


7 comments:

  1. It's so great that you guys are doing this! My son is there right now for the first time and I love the idea of being able to see a bit of what's happening there. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the idea of the blog and twitter page. I was disappointed then not to have many updates! I was excited about the idea of being able to get updates on my first timers week at camp. I know you all are busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so sorry about the blog! I didn't want to "over do" it, so we tweeted more often. As a parent, how often would you like a blog update? Everyday?

    Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more thing... Is June 28th really the last blog date or am I doing something wrong??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe I posted one on the 1st, but it appears that I didn't hit the publish button, only the save button...

    Thank you for your feedback, I will try to post everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyday post would be great on either the blog or tweet! It doesn't have to be long! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete